When a Chicago woman couldn’t find a way to dog-proof her fence, she decided to take a different approach.
YouTube user Vanessa Buccella said her dog was always trying to escape the yard through any gap in the fence he could find. Since there was no way for her to fix the holes and it was too expensive to replace the fence entirely, she needed to find an alternate solution. That’s when she came up with the idea of fence-proofing her adventurous pet. By strapping a device called “the nimrod” onto the dog’s back, Buccella was able to make him too big to wriggle under the wooden panels.
“This gives him freedom to run through the yard, but he’s confounded when his normal escape routes won’t work anymore,” she wrote.
Watch a video of one of the pup’s thwarted breakout attempts above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve