The first trailer for the movie based on Jojo Moyes’ bestselling novel Me Before You premiered Wednesday, giving fans of the book a first look at what the love story will look like on screen.
Game of Thrones‘ Emilia Clarke sheds her Khaleesi warrior gear for bumblebee tights as Louisa Clark, a British woman so desperate for a job she agrees to care for a disabled man despite having no experience doing so. Sam Caflin, most recently known as Finnick in The Hunger Games, plays William Traynor, a quadriplegic, whose adventurous life was brought to a halt after a motorcycle accident.
Moyes worked on the screenplay with Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber, who have adapted other tearful love stories like The Fault in Our Stars for the big screen.
The movie stars a trove of British actors like Doctor Who‘s Jenna Coleman, Harry Potter‘s Matthew Lewis, Game of Thrones‘ Charles Dance and Downton Abbey‘s Brendan Coyle. It’s set to hit theaters on June 3.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.