Leave it to an actor like George Clooney to make the pre-planned banter and anecdote-swapping of late-night shows feel like a genuine conversation. The star of the Coen Brothers’ upcoming Hail, Caesar!, which hits theaters Friday, relived his altar boy days with fellow Catholic Jimmy Kimmel—”I [also] know about wearing a dress for a job,” Kimmel joked in reference to Clooney’s costume in the film. Though their experiences differed, both remember struggling to come up with sins to confess when they started going to confession as young children.
Kimmel would pretend he had been mean to his sister, but Clooney, in a grand misunderstanding, tried to confess to adultery…in second grade.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time