If you were looking forward to Beyond the Sun, the proported “First Ever Big Screen Participation Role for the Leader of the Worldwide Catholic Church,” you might want to pump the brakes on that Pope Mobile.
Despite claims in a press release from AMBI Pictures, the Vatican says that, no, Pope Francis won’t be appearing as himself in the upcoming film. “The pope is not an actor,” Monsignor Dario Vigano, the head of the Vatican’s communications operation, told Vatican Radio.
What Vigano did concede though was that the production may have access to video clips of the Pope that could appear in the movie, which doesn’t sound anything like acting.
AMBI Pictures declined to comment.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022