Hillary Clinton is known for spending a long time working the rope line at each campaign stop.
At events in Iowa, her husband Bill and their daughter Chelsea joined the candidate and spent hours chatting taking selfies with voters. Huma Abedin, one of Clinton’s longest-serving and best-known aides, also took photographs with voters who recognized her.
Clinton is not the only candidate who has perfected the art of the selfie: her rival Bernie Sanders also learned how perform this modern ritual of campaigning.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far