Strange but true: Star Wars: The Force Awakens arrived without an official video game tie-in, leaving EA’s original trilogy-themed Star Wars Battlefront to do the heavy lifting.
That’s about to change, sort of, with longtime studio Traveller’s Tales rolling out a Lego-fied version of J.J. Abrams’ runaway blockbuster this summer.
Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is doing its best to bracket its umpteenth Lego game with tantalizing extras, banking on fans’ fever-pitched interest by teasing “deeper insights into the film’s most memorable moments.” There’s also some talk of “new gameplay mechanics” (like multiple build options to advance the plot – Choose Your Own Lego-venture!) as well as “new story content” set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.
So “deeper insights”? You know, like castle-crashing droids, perspiring Legos and fishing Ithorians. Check it out in the trailer above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Matt Peckham at email@example.com