Strange but true: Star Wars: The Force Awakens arrived without an official video game tie-in, leaving EA’s original trilogy-themed Star Wars Battlefront to do the heavy lifting.
That’s about to change, sort of, with longtime studio Traveller’s Tales rolling out a Lego-fied version of J.J. Abrams’ runaway blockbuster this summer.
Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is doing its best to bracket its umpteenth Lego game with tantalizing extras, banking on fans’ fever-pitched interest by teasing “deeper insights into the film’s most memorable moments.” There’s also some talk of “new gameplay mechanics” (like multiple build options to advance the plot – Choose Your Own Lego-venture!) as well as “new story content” set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.
So “deeper insights”? You know, like castle-crashing droids, perspiring Legos and fishing Ithorians. Check it out in the trailer above.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction