This was not the image Ted Cruz’s campaign wanted on the eve of the Iowa caucuses: his deluxe campaign tour bus needing a tow.
The “Cruzin’ to Victory” motorcoach was quite literally stuck in the mud at the water-logged Johnson County fairground on Sunday. After the rally here, Cruz hopped a ride with aides to his next stop while the shiny tour bus was pulled from the mud.
Cruz, who is in a tight race against frontrunner Donald Trump, did not need to look like he needed to be pulled across the finish line. The final poll, released Saturday night, shows him with a possible pathway to a win on Monday night.
Read More: Cruz Limps Toward the Finish Line in Iowa
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science