Vanessa Hudgens announced Sunday that her father, Greg, has died of cancer.
“I am so sad to say that last night my daddy, Greg passed away from stage 4 cancer. Thank you to everyone who kept him in your prayers,” the 27-year-old wrote on Twitter.
The actress first revealed her father’s diagnosis this past summer.
“Last year, my boyfriend, Austin [Butler], lost his mom, Lori, to cancer, and my dad has just been recently diagnosed with stage four cancer,” she said in a speech at the Industry Dance Awards in August. “Let me tell you, I hate cancer. I hate cancer with every cell of my being … This award, it means a lot to me, but I dedicate it to my boyfriend’s mom, Lori, my dad, and to all the families out there who are struggling with this, because it really takes a strong person and a strong family to be able to help those out who are going through this.”
Hudgens’ performance in Grease: Live airs beginning at 7 p.m. ET on Fox.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer