It’s not everyday that an Olympian agrees to participate in your school’s elaborate stunt.
During Thursday night’s men’s basketball game between Arizona State and Oregon State, Michael Phelps became the latest diversion to pop out from behind the Sun Devils’ legendary “Curtain of Distraction.” The 18-time Olympic gold medalist stripped down to a tiny pair of yellow swim trunks and danced as OSU’s Stephen Thompson Jr. missed both of his foul shots with 13:47 left to play.
Arizona State coach Bobby Hurley said Phelps “made a major contribution to the game.”
ASU went on to win the game 86-68.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.