The primaries are finally upon us. After an 18-month-long early campaign, voters in Iowa will caucus on Feb. 1, followed by New Hampshire, South Caroline and Nevada later this month.
With close to 100 million Instagram users in the U.S. alone, this presidential campaign will be the first one to be extensively covered on the photo-sharing app.
Ahead of the first, TIME compiled a guide on how to follow the campaign on Instagram – the photographers and politicians to follow, as well as the hashtags to monitor.
The Most Popular Hashtags
It goes without saying, the #iowa, #newhampshire and #election2016 hashtag are your obvious first destination. But you can refine your search with #iowacaucus and#iacaucus.
If you’re a Bernie Sanders supporter, look for #feelthebern and #iowaforbernie. For the Trump fans, #makeamericagreatagain is the obvious choice.
See the Photographers Covering the Campaign
The Candidates’ Instagram Accounts
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief