The University of Missouri has suspended the assistant professor caught on film calling for “some muscle” to help remove a student reporter from a November protest on campus.
Mark Schierbecker, who filmed the incident and whose camera Click grabbed, told the Washington Post the suspension was “vindicating,” but he felt frustrated that the university did not act more quickly or seriously. State legislators had previously called for Click’s termination.
“The university seems to care more about protecting their own despotic faculty than looking after the welfare of its students,” Schierbecker said to the Post.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time