Harry Potter fans rejoice! You can once again be sorted into a Hogwarts house on J.K. Rowling’s interactive website Pottermore.
First launched in 2011, the online home of HP was designed so Muggles could enjoy the magic of Hogwarts. However, the site was relaunched without the popular feature in September, leaving many to wonder about their fate in the wizarding world. Luckily, the official sorting quiz is now back.
When users enter into the sorting hat ceremony, they are required to answer a series of questions that will determine which Hogwarts house best suits them. “The Sorting Hat is one of the cleverest enchanted objects most witches and wizards will ever meet,” Rowling’s Pottermore description reads. “It literally contains the intelligence of the four founders, can speak (through a rip near its brim) and is skilled at Legilimency, which enables it to look into the wearer’s head and divine his or her capabilities or mood.”
Read More: Read Alan Rickman’s Touching Goodbye Letter to Harry Potter
At the end of the experience, fans are placed into one of the four houses — Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff — and can move on to other activities such as choosing a wand. Or as Rowling puts it, having a wand choose you.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement