Yesterday, the world was captivated by the biggest drama since William Shakespeare debuted Romeo & Juliet for an audience at London’s Theater (that’s a precursor of The Globe, nerds). It pitted Kanye West against Wiz Khalifa in an epic Twitter feud that quickly turned into high art. Specifically, a Shakespearan tragedy.
In the supernova of a public meltdown, which has been deleted from the rapper’s Twitter account, West accused Khalifa of many things, but none worse than this: “You have distracted from my creative process.” West also noted that “#Wizwearscoolpants,” a jibe so harsh it sounds like West was using MIT’s Shakespearean Insult Generator.
Now, I Am Alan Partridge star and Internet hero David Schneider has transformed West’s rant into a monologue worthy of treading the boards at The Globe itself. In a Twitter video, Schneider reads West’s irate tweets as a Shakespearan actor, turning phrases like “you were wearing cool pants” into a speech that is almost heartbreaking.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow