Ben Cohen of Ben & Jerry’s fame has launched a special Bernie Sanders-themed ice cream, and on Wednesday’s episode of The Late Show, Stephen Colbert took it upon himself to come up with flavors for some of the other presidential candidates.
First, though, Colbert explains that the Bernie Sanders flavor is called Bernie’s Yearning, “which I gotta say, to me, sounds like a softcore porno.” He then spends a very entertaining 25 seconds testing out his Bernie Sanders impression.
The problem, Colbert explains, is that “this delicious treat is a violation of the well-known ice cream equal time law. Legally, Ben has to give equal churn time to all the other candidates by making a flavor for each of them.”
He then proceeds to come up with his own flavors. Among them: Caramel Fiorina, Martin O’Mallomar, Mike Huckabee’s Life Begins at Confection and Hillary’s Whatever Flavor You Want This to Be.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.