Natalie Portman told Jimmy Fallon something few people learn: the meaning of the lyrics to “Iko Iko.”
Portman joined Fallon and Sia to perform “Iko Iko” on The Tonight Show Wednesday. When Fallon talked with Portman about the song, he said he hadn’t even thought about whether the words meant anything, He told Portman she was like a “human Wikipedia,” pointing to her Harvard education.
“I didn’t research it, I was just looking for the lyrics,” Portman said. “God, you go to Harvard, everyone gives you a hard time for the rest of your life.”
Despite the taunting, Portman did tell Fallon about the song’s background. Check out the video clip to hear her explanation.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer