Meet Freddie Tommo.
Louis Tomlinson welcomed his first child last week, and revealed him to the world late Wednesday night on Instagram and Twitter, captioning the photo, “Meet my little lad, Freddie.” He followed up with a tweet referring to his son, with Briana Jungwirth, as “Freddie Tommo” — “Tommo” being Tomlinson’s nickname — and then thanked his fans for their messages of support.
It was previously reported by The Sun that the child was named Sydney Rain, and as fans waited for official confirmation, one industrious Photoshoppercreated a fake People article that read that the baby had been named “Conchobar” — pronounced “Connor” — due to a bet he’d lost with One Direction bandmate Niall Horan.
Just as “Freddie” became a trending topic mere minutes after Tomlinson revealed his firstborn, “Conchobar,” too, was a top worldwide trend on Sunday, proving the almighty power of the One Direction fandom. See Tomlinson’s tweets below, and congrats to the happy family.
Soon after Tomlinson made the big reveal, Jungwirth posted a photo on Instagram taken from her hospital bed, sharing that the child’s full name is Freddie Reign, born Jan. 21.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating