Florida Sen. Marco Rubio invoked the Bible in a new campaign ad released Wednesday.
The Republican presidential candidate gives a rousing pitch about his values—a strong family, freedom and God—and contrasts himself with President Barack Obama in the 30 second spot.
“I approved this message because it’s time for a president who will put their left hand on the Bible and their right hand in the air and keep their promise to uphold the constitution” Rubio said. “It’s been eight years since we’ve had a president do that—I will.”
Rubio has been on the offensive, releasing several campaign ads in the past week, as voting in the Iowa Caucus approaches. He is currently in third place both nationally and in Iowa, according to a polling average compiled by RealClearPolitics.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time