Police in Amsterdam responded to a domestic violence call Tuesday night after residents thought they heard someone screaming in pain. When officers arrived at the scene, they kicked a large hole in the door to let themselves in—only to find that the man inside was not crying out in pain. He was simply an opera singer, practicing with headphones on.
The police department shared a photo of the damaged door on Facebook:
Let this be a reminder to us all: if you’re going to sing opera in your house, try to keep things at a reasonable volume.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving