Police in Amsterdam responded to a domestic violence call Tuesday night after residents thought they heard someone screaming in pain. When officers arrived at the scene, they kicked a large hole in the door to let themselves in—only to find that the man inside was not crying out in pain. He was simply an opera singer, practicing with headphones on.
The police department shared a photo of the damaged door on Facebook:
Let this be a reminder to us all: if you’re going to sing opera in your house, try to keep things at a reasonable volume.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time