Police in Amsterdam responded to a domestic violence call Tuesday night after residents thought they heard someone screaming in pain. When officers arrived at the scene, they kicked a large hole in the door to let themselves in—only to find that the man inside was not crying out in pain. He was simply an opera singer, practicing with headphones on.
The police department shared a photo of the damaged door on Facebook:
Let this be a reminder to us all: if you’re going to sing opera in your house, try to keep things at a reasonable volume.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was