Quick, who would win in a game of quantum chess: the brilliant, world-renowned theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking, or the goofy, lovable actor Paul Rudd? Check out this video, directed by Alex Winter, to see how things play out.
According to the filmmakers, quantum chess is “a version of the classic game of strategy that follows the rules of probability and uncertainty and treats each piece as a quantum particle.”
The video was made for a recent Caltech event that celebrated all things quantum science. Hawking was an obvious choice for the video, but if you’re wondering why they tapped Rudd, it’s because he starred in Ant-Man, a film that dealt directly with quantum physics. So, you know, he’s basically an expert too.
And if you need another reason to watch the video: it’s narrated by Keanu Reeves. Enjoy.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror