Lionel Messi was recently awarded the Ballon d’Or, FIFA’s top individual honor, for the fifth time in his professional soccer career. Now, to top to all off, he gets to celebrate his achievement with a new friend.
The 28-year-old Barcelona star posted a picture on Instagram on Tuesday showing off the latest addition to his family, a new dog. In the photo’s caption, Messi explains that the cute pup was a gift from his longtime girlfriend, Antonella Roccuzzo, who has shared photos of the couple’s other canine companions in the past.
Read More: 17 Dogs You Should Be Following on Instagram
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was