Lionel Messi was recently awarded the Ballon d’Or, FIFA’s top individual honor, for the fifth time in his professional soccer career. Now, to top to all off, he gets to celebrate his achievement with a new friend.
The 28-year-old Barcelona star posted a picture on Instagram on Tuesday showing off the latest addition to his family, a new dog. In the photo’s caption, Messi explains that the cute pup was a gift from his longtime girlfriend, Antonella Roccuzzo, who has shared photos of the couple’s other canine companions in the past.
Read More: 17 Dogs You Should Be Following on Instagram
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement