With the Iowa Caucus fast approaching, it’s almost halftime in the race for the Republican presidential nomination and Marco Rubio may need a big play to stay in the game—but not before getting a little revenge on conservatives who may have doubted him.
The Florida Sen. appeared in a video short released Tuesday by the Independent Journal Review, a conservative web publication, where Rubio pitches footballs at a number of politicians and pundits who make cameos in the video, titled “How To Get Revenge With A Football.”
In one scene, Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner slights Rubio’s hometown team while watching at a bar, saying “man, these Dolphins suck!” A football later knocks Gardner’s beer onto the floor.
Other notable appearances include Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe, anti-taxer Grover Norquist, Daily Caller founder Tucker Carlson, Rep. Trey Gowdy and fellow candidate Ben Carson—who makes an awkward catch with his “Gifted Hands.”
The video pokes fun at Rubio for an incident in August where he hit a kid in the head with a football during a game of catch in Iowa. Rubio, who played college football for a year, has made football a staple of his campaign rhetoric. Rubio’s wife, Jeanette, was a Dolphins cheerleader—which may be why he threw at Gardner twice.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time