A new ad from Ted Cruz’s campaign takes aim at Donald Trump, painting the candidate as the wrong choice for Iowa conservatives.
The spot—paid for by Cruz’s campaign and not, like many other attack ads this cycle, by a PAC—highlights clips of Trump saying he is pro-choice and explaining, “I lived in New York City in Manhattan all my life, so, you know, my views are a little bit different than if I lived in Iowa.”
The ad also has a clip from a November rally when Trump asked “How stupid are the people of Iowa?”
The ad doubles down on Cruz’s previous criticism of Trump, pointing out that his are “New York values—not ours.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism