The world’s favorite pocket monsters turn 20 this year, and to celebrate, Pokémon will have its first-ever Super Bowl commercial in honor of the anniversary.
The Pokémon Company has debuted the full-length version of the commercial, which will air in a 30-second form during the third quarter of Super Bowl 50. The commercial will also air during the CBS special Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials.
There’s more to come from the 20th anniversary than just a Super Bowl commercial, though. The original Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow games are coming to the Nintendo 3DS, along with a new mobile game called Pokémon Go, which will let players hunt Pokémon out in the real world via their phones. A new fighting game, Pokkén Tournament, is also coming in March.
For all that’s to come from the long-running franchise,check out the trailer for this year’s releases and watch the Super Bowl commercial above.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.