The world’s favorite pocket monsters turn 20 this year, and to celebrate, Pokémon will have its first-ever Super Bowl commercial in honor of the anniversary.
The Pokémon Company has debuted the full-length version of the commercial, which will air in a 30-second form during the third quarter of Super Bowl 50. The commercial will also air during the CBS special Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials.
There’s more to come from the 20th anniversary than just a Super Bowl commercial, though. The original Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow games are coming to the Nintendo 3DS, along with a new mobile game called Pokémon Go, which will let players hunt Pokémon out in the real world via their phones. A new fighting game, Pokkén Tournament, is also coming in March.
For all that’s to come from the long-running franchise,check out the trailer for this year’s releases and watch the Super Bowl commercial above.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This