While campaigning in Iowa last week, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump spent the night at a Holiday Inn Express—a far cry from the luxury suites the hotel magnate’s own digs boast.
But according to the New York Times, which first reported the populist development from the millionaire businessman, he quite liked his stay.
“Good mattress, staff was great, good mattress, good everything,” Trump said.“I actually enjoyed it. It was good, it was clean.”
He added, “It’s different and it’s certainly not Mar-a-Lago.”
A Holiday Inn Express certainly is no Mar-a-Lago — the luxury Palm Beach club features “ornately carved and hand-painted Moorish ceilings, spectacular ocean views from balconies and verandas and antique Spanish-tiled mosaics.”
By contrast the Sioux Falls Holiday Inn Express offers “free high speed internet, indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center, and our Express Start hot breakfast bar.”
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Why Pence Launched His Presidential Bid in Iowa
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk