If running a half marathon is one of your goals this year, allow this dog to be your new inspiration.
Meet Ludivine, a two-and-a-half-year-old hound dog, who was let out of her house in Elkmont, Ala., on an average Saturday morning. She managed to sneak out of her backyard and into the starting area of the local half marathon, Runner’s World reports. Then, she proceeded to run the race. All 13.1 miles of it.
“All I did was open the door, and she ran the race on her own accord,” the pup’s owner, April Hamlin, told Runner’s World. She said she was surprised because Ludivine is “actually really lazy.”
Even though the pooch strayed from the course a few times to sniff around, she still managed to cross the finish line moments after the runner who placed sixth — technically making her #7. She even got a medal:
“Ludivine is taking her newfound celebrity in stride,” Hamlin told BuzzFeed, “and has not let fame go to her head.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time