A Florida cop’s heartwarming response to a noise complaint about kids playing basketball proved to be a slam dunk with someone who knows a thing or two about the game.
NBA all-star Shaquille O’Neal was among more than 14 million people who viewed video of Gainesville Police Officer Bobby White responding to a call about kids playing “loudly” in the street by joining the group in a game of hoops instead of shutting them down.
The 4-time champ made a surprise stop at the Gainesville Police Department on Saturday to praise White and help the officer make good on a promise to “bring backup” for another pickup game with the kids.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive