A British man has been ordered to give police 24 hours notice before he has sex, according to media reports.
The York resident, who has not been named, was cleared last December of allegations that he raped a woman, according to a report in the York Press. Authorities nonetheless decided to extend an interim order restricting his sexual activity until May. The man could receive up to five years of prison if he is found to violate the order.
The order requires the man to tell the police the woman’s name, address and date of birth before a sexual encounter. It also requires him to inform police about his internet use, texting and phone calls.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time