Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush went shopping at the Timberland company store Friday after an event at the outdoors company’s headquarters, using it as another opportunity to ding Republican front-runner Donald Trump.
Bush purchased a bear of brown size-12 boots after touring the store, showing them off to reporters outside the venue. “These are a hearty boot,” he pronounced.
“These boots will match up well with the Italian—the fine Italian shoes that Donald Trump wears with his Brioni suits and his $500 ties,” he continued, pronouncing it “Eye-talian.”
Bush also purchased a new sweater, joking to reporters that now he has another one to wear on the road after Gawker mocked him for donning the same one for days, donning it inside the store and wearing it out the door after paying for it.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year