A Miami doctor has been placed on administrative leave after a video surfaced of her assaulting an Uber driver.
In the video of Sunday’s incident, a woman who the Miami Herald identified as Anjali Ramkissoon, a fourth-year neurology resident for Jackson Health System, can be seen yelling profanities and hitting an Uber driver. She demands a ride, and begins throwing things out of his car.
In a statement to the Herald, a hospital spokesperson said that Ramkissoon has been ”removed from all clinical duties” and that “Jackson has launched an internal investigation.”
“The outcome of the investigation will determine whether any disciplinary action will be taken, up to and including termination,” the statement says.
Miami police spokeswoman Frederica Burden told the Herald that that officers responded to a call but did not write a report.
“We were called for a disturbance,” she said. “There was no report written, and there will be no investigation.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time