Correction appended—January, 22
Edward Snowden is many things: a former CIA employee, ex-pat, notorious anti-surveillance tech guru. But according to his latest tweet, his is also pretty good at making bad puns on Twitter.
(The tweet is a reference to the monster blizzard bearing down on the East Coast this weekend.)
The pun drew thousands of retweets and comments from his more than 1 million followers, some teasing Snowden for how lame the joke was:
But others made bad puns of their own:
Correction: The original version of this story incorrectly described Edward Snowden. He is a former CIA employee and NSA contractor.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Tessa Berenson at tessa.Rogers@time.com