Correction appended—January, 22
Edward Snowden is many things: a former CIA employee, ex-pat, notorious anti-surveillance tech guru. But according to his latest tweet, his is also pretty good at making bad puns on Twitter.
(The tweet is a reference to the monster blizzard bearing down on the East Coast this weekend.)
The pun drew thousands of retweets and comments from his more than 1 million followers, some teasing Snowden for how lame the joke was:
But others made bad puns of their own:
Correction: The original version of this story incorrectly described Edward Snowden. He is a former CIA employee and NSA contractor.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive