Former Florida Gov Jeb Bush criticized the Republican National Committee for removing National Review as a sponsor of a GOP debate next month after the outlet editorialized against Donald Trump.
In an interview with Fox News, Bush said the national party was wrong to criticize the outlet for “telling the truth” about Trump.
On Thursday, the conservative magazine published an entire issue devoted to attacking Trump as a non-conservative. The RNC informed National Review late Thursday that it would be stripped of its cosponsor title as a result.
The magazine issue comes as many in the Republican Establishment are taking sides between Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, the top two candidates in the GOP primary.
Trump already fired back against the magazine on Twitter.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time