Former Florida Gov Jeb Bush criticized the Republican National Committee for removing National Review as a sponsor of a GOP debate next month after the outlet editorialized against Donald Trump.
In an interview with Fox News, Bush said the national party was wrong to criticize the outlet for “telling the truth” about Trump.
On Thursday, the conservative magazine published an entire issue devoted to attacking Trump as a non-conservative. The RNC informed National Review late Thursday that it would be stripped of its cosponsor title as a result.
The magazine issue comes as many in the Republican Establishment are taking sides between Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, the top two candidates in the GOP primary.
Trump already fired back against the magazine on Twitter.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This