Former Florida Gov Jeb Bush criticized the Republican National Committee for removing National Review as a sponsor of a GOP debate next month after the outlet editorialized against Donald Trump.
In an interview with Fox News, Bush said the national party was wrong to criticize the outlet for “telling the truth” about Trump.
On Thursday, the conservative magazine published an entire issue devoted to attacking Trump as a non-conservative. The RNC informed National Review late Thursday that it would be stripped of its cosponsor title as a result.
The magazine issue comes as many in the Republican Establishment are taking sides between Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, the top two candidates in the GOP primary.
Trump already fired back against the magazine on Twitter.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out