Former Florida Gov Jeb Bush criticized the Republican National Committee for removing National Review as a sponsor of a GOP debate next month after the outlet editorialized against Donald Trump.
In an interview with Fox News, Bush said the national party was wrong to criticize the outlet for “telling the truth” about Trump.
On Thursday, the conservative magazine published an entire issue devoted to attacking Trump as a non-conservative. The RNC informed National Review late Thursday that it would be stripped of its cosponsor title as a result.
Read More: GOP Establishment Takes Sides Between Trump and Cruz
The magazine issue comes as many in the Republican Establishment are taking sides between Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, the top two candidates in the GOP primary.
Trump already fired back against the magazine on Twitter.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction