It’s been 23 years since David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson first played Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, detectives who investigate the paranormal, the bizarre and the downright scary on The X-Files. Fans of the show will reunite with the characters this winter when the show returns for a limited series on Fox. And while some things have been slow to change since 1993—like the fact that the Emmy-winning Anderson was offered half of Duchovny’s pay for the revival—the duo’s style has certainly undergone a transformation. See their various looks throughout the show’s history.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time