It’s been 23 years since David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson first played Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, detectives who investigate the paranormal, the bizarre and the downright scary on The X-Files. Fans of the show will reunite with the characters this winter when the show returns for a limited series on Fox. And while some things have been slow to change since 1993—like the fact that the Emmy-winning Anderson was offered half of Duchovny’s pay for the revival—the duo’s style has certainly undergone a transformation. See their various looks throughout the show’s history.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This