Unlikely animal bonds can be some of the most amazing things to see in nature, and that’s exactly what has formed between a monkey and a puppy in Rode, India. Pictures recently surfaced of a monkey who has adopted a stray puppy from the streets to care for as its own. The primate carries the pup around with it, protects it from other stray dogs and makes sure it stays well fed. “People who have seen them spoke of their strong mutual affection and described their bond as the most caring thing in the world,” reports Zee News.
Photos of the pair were posted on Facebook by The Logical Indian on Jan. 13 and have since been liked over 168,000 times and shared nearly 50,000 times.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com