“American Pie” singer Don McLean described the “very painful breakdown” of his relationship with his wife on Twitter Thursday, following his domestic violence arrest.
McLean, 70, was arrested on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge on Monday in Maine, and posted bail late the same day. His statement touched upon the difficulty his family has been going through, and how he hopes they can continue on so he can continue to entertain.
“Our hearts are broken and we must carry on. There are no winners or losers but I am not a villain,” he wrote. “I may never recover from this but I will try and hope to continue to entertain you all as I always have.”
Read the full statement in tweets below:
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body