“American Pie” singer Don McLean described the “very painful breakdown” of his relationship with his wife on Twitter Thursday, following his domestic violence arrest.
McLean, 70, was arrested on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge on Monday in Maine, and posted bail late the same day. His statement touched upon the difficulty his family has been going through, and how he hopes they can continue on so he can continue to entertain.
“Our hearts are broken and we must carry on. There are no winners or losers but I am not a villain,” he wrote. “I may never recover from this but I will try and hope to continue to entertain you all as I always have.”
Read the full statement in tweets below:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time