Yesterday was a very bad day for Ted Cruz, and today Donald Trump continued to pile the misery on the Texas Senator.
Speaking at a rally in Norwalk, Iowa Wednesday morning, Trump went on an extended riff against Cruz, hitting him on being born in Canada and failing to disclose a Goldman Sachs loan during his first Senate campaign.
“What’s he going to do, be rough on Goldman Sachs when he’s got a personal guarantee for like whatever the number was, a million dollars?” Trump said of Cruz’s undisclosed loan. “So I think you gotta think about that. .. And he said with the being a Canadian citizen he said, ‘Oh I didn’t know that.’ How did he not know that? Then he said with the loans, ‘Oh, I didn’t know that.’
Trump then leveled a harsh criticism at Cruz before a Republican audience: He compared him unfavorably to Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton: “Smart guy, he doesn’t know that? Yeah, that’s worse than Hillary when you think about it.”
Earlier in the primary season, Cruz and Trump had been nice to each other, but the “bromance” ended when the two became closer in the polls.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears