Audiences may have already caught a brief glimpse of this year’s DC Comics release Suicide Squad after a teaser leaked at Comic-Con last July, but the “worst heroes ever” (in their own words) can finally be seen in action in the movie’s first official trailer that debuted Tuesday night.
The trailer, released during the CW special DC Films Present The Dawn of the Justice League, shows the nefarious outfit assembled by Viola Davis’ character Amanda Waller — including Will Smith as Deadshot, Cara Delevingne as Enchantress and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn — coming together to counter a major threat.
Fans also get to see a bit more of Jared Leto’s maniacal rendition of the infamous Joker, who makes several appearances in the trailer’s second half.
The film is slated for release on Aug. 5 this year.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now