Ben Carson has suspended Tuesday’s campaign events after three campaign volunteers and an employee were injured in a car crash in Iowa.
According to a statement from the campaign, the van carrying the four people hit a patch of ice and flipped on its side, after which it was struck by another vehicle.
Three of the passengers are currently at Cass County Memorial Hospital in Atlantic, Iowa, while the fourth is being transported to the trauma center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska.
“Dr. Carson has spoken with the family of the volunteer being transported to Omaha, as well as the attending physician,” the statement says. “Dr. Carson has cancelled all remaining campaign events today and will be traveling to Omaha this afternoon to be with the family during this difficult time.”
Some other presidential candidates tweeted their support Tuesday afternoon:
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate