Stephen Colbert would like the American people to ask Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders to prom.
“Let me go on record, you’ve got a scoop, you ready for this? I do not own a tuxedo. Never have I worn a tuxedo,” Sanders said in the interview.
Colbert took this to mean the Vermonter never went to prom in high school.
“Who’s more obsessed with inequality than an unpopular high school student?” Colbert said.
He invited viewers to ask the Senator to prom, providing them with a photoshopped image of Sanders to use when they pop the question.
“The theme of the prom, of course: enchantment under our unfair financial system,” Colbert said.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy