Stephen Colbert would like the American people to ask Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders to prom.
“Let me go on record, you’ve got a scoop, you ready for this? I do not own a tuxedo. Never have I worn a tuxedo,” Sanders said in the interview.
Colbert took this to mean the Vermonter never went to prom in high school.
“Who’s more obsessed with inequality than an unpopular high school student?” Colbert said.
He invited viewers to ask the Senator to prom, providing them with a photoshopped image of Sanders to use when they pop the question.
“The theme of the prom, of course: enchantment under our unfair financial system,” Colbert said.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive