Olympic gold medalist, reality TV star and transgender icon Caitlyn Jenner will write a memoir with the help of Buzz Bissinger, the Friday Night Lights author and journalist who wrote Jenner’s Vanity Fair cover story last year.
Jenner’s publisher, Grand Central Publishing, announced the news and the book’s tentative spring 2017 release on Tuesday. Since coming out as transgender in a Diane Sawyer interview, Jenner has won ESPY’s Arthur Ashe Courage Award and was on the shortlist for TIME’s Person of the Year in 2015. She documented her transition in the E! reality series I Am Cait, which returns for a second season in March.
“Things have been moving so quickly that it will be nice to slow things down a bit and take the proper time to reflect on this journey,” Jenner said in a statement. “I couldn’t pick a better team, in Grand Central and Buzz, to make sure this story is told with a lot of honesty and care.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow