Search and rescue crews recovered three empty life rafts from helicopters involved in a crash off the Hawaiian coast that left 12 marines missing last week, the Coast Guard said in a statement Monday.
A fourth life raft was also spotted Sunday evening, though workers were still trying retrieve it Monday, the Coast Guard said.
“There is no indication from the sightings that any survivors have been aboard any of the life rafts,” the statement said.
The news comes on the fourth day of a search that has been hobbled by dangerous seas, and one day after a Coast Guard…
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023