In an effort to get more time, the former Maryland governor repeatedly interrupted the other candidates, finally asking moderator Lester Holt, who was speaking to Hillary Clinton, “Can I get 30 seconds too?” O’Malley then deployed a facial expression most commonly used by pouting dogs, or toddlers, to get what they want — eventually earning some additional speaking time.
As the last debate before the Iowa caucus, this was a last chance of sorts for O’Malley to gain a national spotlight for his struggling campaign. O’Malley is polling around 2% nationally and at an average of 5% in Iowa, according to a polling average compiled by RealClearPolitics.
Watch a clip of O’Malley giving the look above.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy