Martin O’Malley wasn’t too happy about the amount of speaking time he got at Sunday’s Democratic debate.
In an effort to get more time, the former Maryland governor repeatedly interrupted the other candidates, finally asking moderator Lester Holt, who was speaking to Hillary Clinton, “Can I get 30 seconds too?” O’Malley then deployed a facial expression most commonly used by pouting dogs, or toddlers, to get what they want — eventually earning some additional speaking time.
As the last debate before the Iowa caucus, this was a last chance of sorts for O’Malley to gain a national spotlight for his struggling campaign. O’Malley is polling around 2% nationally and at an average of 5% in Iowa, according to a polling average compiled by RealClearPolitics.
Watch a clip of O’Malley giving the look above.
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far