Tracy Morgan is back in business. The 30 Rock actor is teaming with Jordan Peele (of Key & Peele fame) to make a new FX comedy pilot, with Morgan set to star.
Here’s the pitch: “A career criminal (Morgan) is released from prison after 15 long years, hoping to reintegrate into a society that long ago left him behind. Now a man whose only expertise is making grilled cheese with an iron must navigate a modern world of political correctness, Internet, and self-driving cars.”
If the idea of a Morgan making a comedy series on FX sounds familiar, that’s because the actor was working on a new FXX comedy series with the It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia team when he was critically injured in a car crash in 2014. The accident sidelined the project. We’re told this new pilot will be made instead of that prior project.
Morgan, Peele and John Carcieri (Eastbound & Down) will serve as executive producers of the untitled pilot along with Eric Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men) and Joel Zadak (Key and Peele).
“What an unbeatable combination – Tracy Morgan and Jordan Peele – two exceptional comics joining forces with a great team of writers and producers to create and produce this pilot for FX Networks,” said FX original programming president Nick Grad. “We’ve been committed to Tracy from the start and are thrilled that Jordan, John, Eric and Joel are joining him in developing this new project.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization