Don’t have enough time to see all the Oscar nominees for Best Picture? Don’t worry, Stephen Colbert has you covered. On Thursday’s episode of Late Night, he acted out a quick plot summary for all eight films, from The Revenant to Brooklyn to The Martian.
“I will be playing all the parts,” Colbert said before he began, “because every nominee this year is white.”
He starts with The Revenant, donning a fur hat and pretending to be brutally attacked by a teddy bear. Another standout is Brooklyn, when he dons a silly wig and says, “Hello, I’m just a wee Irish lass in Brooklyn in 1952. Sixty-three years from now I hope someone in this neighborhood will dress like my ironically.”
Understandably, he passes on Spotlight.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up