Caitlyn Jenner fired back at jokes made by comedian Ricky Gervais at her expense while he hosted the 2016 Golden Globes — a job she said she’s prepared to take from him next year.
“On Ricky, I think what I’m gonna do [is] call the Golden Globes and see if they need a new host for next year,” Jenner said at a press conference Thursday in Pasadena, Calif., according to Entertainment Weekly. “And we’ll solve that problem.”
Gervais opened his monologue on Sunday by saying he’d be nicer than in previous years.
“I’ve changed,” he said. “Not as much as Bruce Jenner, obviously.”
He said the transgender activist had broken down barriers and destroyed stereotypes, and then he mentioned her involvement in a car accident that killed one person in February 2015.
“She didn’t do a lot for women drivers, but you can’t do everything,” Gervais said.
Jenner was sued by one of the families involved in the crash, but she was cleared of criminal wrongdoing and not charged with vehicular manslaughter.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement