Caitlyn Jenner fired back at jokes made by comedian Ricky Gervais at her expense while he hosted the 2016 Golden Globes — a job she said she’s prepared to take from him next year.
“On Ricky, I think what I’m gonna do [is] call the Golden Globes and see if they need a new host for next year,” Jenner said at a press conference Thursday in Pasadena, Calif., according to Entertainment Weekly. “And we’ll solve that problem.”
Gervais opened his monologue on Sunday by saying he’d be nicer than in previous years.
“I’ve changed,” he said. “Not as much as Bruce Jenner, obviously.”
He said the transgender activist had broken down barriers and destroyed stereotypes, and then he mentioned her involvement in a car accident that killed one person in February 2015.
“She didn’t do a lot for women drivers, but you can’t do everything,” Gervais said.
Jenner was sued by one of the families involved in the crash, but she was cleared of criminal wrongdoing and not charged with vehicular manslaughter.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time