Well before most people in the U.S. wake up on Jan. 15, astronauts Tim Peake and Tim Kopra will be very busy, beginning a 6-1/2-hour spacewalk to replace some faulty equipment on the International Space Station and lay cable for the eventual arrival of crew vehicles.
Every spacewalk is something of a heavily-suited, high-risk ballet—manual labor in a place where familiar physical laws are suspended. TIME will stream the spacewalk live, beginning at 6:30 AM, EST.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Why Pence Launched His Presidential Bid in Iowa
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk