When asked what historical political movement he thought his own campaign was most similar on Bloomberg’s With All Due Respect show, Trump mentioned Reagan. “Now, Reagan had a little bit of this, but I don’t think to the same extent—but he also won,” Trump said.
Trump mentioned several times that winning is the ultimate goal for him, but added, “I think that the closest thing I can think of is Reagan, but I don’t think it’s the intensity that we have.”
Trump also responded to critics who believe that the large crowds he brings won’t actually go out to vote. “Why would a person stand in line for seven hours and then not want to go into a voting booth?” he asked.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma