Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter was arrested on a battery charge Wednesday in Florida, officials said.
Carter was arrested around 7 p.m. at Hog’s Breath Saloon in Key West after he and another man, Michael Papayans of Palos Verdes Estates, California, came into the bar “heavily intoxicated,” according to an incident report from the Key West Police Department.
When a bartender refused to serve Carter and Papayans, the men became “aggressive,” the police report said. They refused to leave despite being asked repeatedly, and then Papayans head-butted an employee and Carter grabbed a bouncer by the throat, police said.
Read the rest of the story from our partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction