The world is mourning the death of Alan Rickman, who passed away at the age of 69 after a battle with cancer. The beloved British actor was especially well known in recent years for his role as Severus Snape in the Harry Potter films, and tributes began pouring in from fans of the series across the globe after the news was announced Thursday.
Read More: British Actor Alan Rickman Has Died at 69
Many have used Twitter to pay homage to Rickman by “raising their wands,” a reference to a touching scene in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince when Hogwarts students point their wands to the sky to honor the fallen Dumbledore.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears