The world is mourning the death of Alan Rickman, who passed away at the age of 69 after a battle with cancer. The beloved British actor was especially well known in recent years for his role as Severus Snape in the Harry Potter films, and tributes began pouring in from fans of the series across the globe after the news was announced Thursday.
Read More: British Actor Alan Rickman Has Died at 69
Many have used Twitter to pay homage to Rickman by “raising their wands,” a reference to a touching scene in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince when Hogwarts students point their wands to the sky to honor the fallen Dumbledore.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was