The world is mourning the death of Alan Rickman, who passed away at the age of 69 after a battle with cancer. The beloved British actor was especially well known in recent years for his role as Severus Snape in the Harry Potter films, and tributes began pouring in from fans of the series across the globe after the news was announced Thursday.
Read More: British Actor Alan Rickman Has Died at 69
Many have used Twitter to pay homage to Rickman by “raising their wands,” a reference to a touching scene in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince when Hogwarts students point their wands to the sky to honor the fallen Dumbledore.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State