Howard Lee, an illusion artist from Wales, is creating buzz online with an incredibly realistic drawing of a hot dog. A video on YouTube called “Hot Dog Drawing Challenge” shows Lee illustrating a perfect representation of a hot dog next to an actual frank. At the end of the minute-long clip, he squirts ketchup and mustard on both the hot dog and its sketched counterpart before using a knife to demonstrate which is real.
The artist wrote that the deceptive image was created with Prismacolor and Copic markers on Daler Board. But the condiments used were real.
The video was posted in early December but has recently gone viral, with over 330,000 views to date. Lee’s YouTube channel is full of similar illusion segments, including drawing demonstrations of an iPhone and a chocolate Santa.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption