Howard Lee, an illusion artist from Wales, is creating buzz online with an incredibly realistic drawing of a hot dog. A video on YouTube called “Hot Dog Drawing Challenge” shows Lee illustrating a perfect representation of a hot dog next to an actual frank. At the end of the minute-long clip, he squirts ketchup and mustard on both the hot dog and its sketched counterpart before using a knife to demonstrate which is real.
The artist wrote that the deceptive image was created with Prismacolor and Copic markers on Daler Board. But the condiments used were real.
The video was posted in early December but has recently gone viral, with over 330,000 views to date. Lee’s YouTube channel is full of similar illusion segments, including drawing demonstrations of an iPhone and a chocolate Santa.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time